I was trying to find something different to make for dinner. My husband was stuck at the navy base for a 24 hour watch and I decided to be a lovely little wife and bring him some dinner! I wanted to make something that would be versatile and easy to bring with me in the car and carry. I decided to stick to casseroles and found this amazing recipe on google search. If you like sweet and salty foods, you will love this!
Like most of my meals, this one is pretty easy! Preheat your oven to 400. The longest part is boiling and shredding chicken. Once that is done, mix 1/4 cup of cheese and the next 7 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Bake in a 13×9 baking dish and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Once baked, take the dish out and poke holes with a fork all around. Then pour your enchilada sauce over top ( the wholes will help the sauce absorb inside). Then sprinkle the shredded chicken on top. After that pour the cheese over top, I also added some queso on top for some extra flavor (and calories and fat, but who’s counting?!)
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Martha White)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- tortilla chips for a good crunch!