It’s Christmas time!! My favorite time of year for many reasons, one of them is baking. Cookies, cupcakes, breads, cakes, you name it and I will probably be baking it! This post is a new baking item I tried out, and it turned out wonderfully! I found this recipe on pinterest and it did not disappoint! Super easy to make and can be festive too!! I bought these cute little santa cupcake liners at Target and I decided to add some sprinkled cranberry bits on top to give the icing some color and tartness. I highly recommend you do the same!
1. Preheat your oven to 350°.
2. Sift your cake mix and nutmeg into a medium sized bowl set aside.
3. Combine all of your wet ingredients (eggs, oil, eggnog, vanilla extract, sour cream) and mix until eggs are beaten and ingredients are combined.
4. Take your dry ingredients and slowly add to the mixer in batches. Mix until just combined.
5. Fold in the cranberries, do not mix them until just combined, then fill the cupcake liners with 3/4 of cupcake mix and bake for 17-22 minutes or until a toothpick or knife in the center comes out clean.
6. Frosting: beat butter for 2 minutes. Add cider mix, nutmeg, and eggnog. Slowly add powdered sugar in batches until you reach desired consistency of your frosting. You may add more cider or nutmeg if needed.
7. Once the cupcakes are cooled, pipe your frosting onto the cupcakes. Sprinkle with the cranberry bits and some pearl sprinkles, or anything you may want to use to decorate with!